Sunday, January 4, 2015

Michael Kors Selma Satchel Review

I have been lusting after a Michael Kors handbag for years now. Anyone and everyone these days has a MK bag (which can be good or bad) but my fiance, aka the love of my life treated me to one for my birthday this past year and I am FINALLY getting around to writing my review on it.

I was at first debating between the "Hamilton" Tote

 

 and the "Selma" Satchel,


Given the title of this post, I am sure you can guess that I went with the large "Selma" satchel in Navy Saffiano leather to be exact. I am in LOVE with this bag, and have gotten many compliments on it. The bag retails for $358 at most department stores. 

Pros:
  • Structure of the bag is different but subtle enough to be a timeless piece. 
  • It has the top handles so that you can carry it on your arm/elbow area and if you hate doing that for more than 10 minutes (like me) then there is the long shoulder strap that you can utilize which by the way is adjustable. You COULD also wear it cross-body but I do not prefer that style because the bag is so large it looks and feels awkward to me.
  • It is very versatile. I have worn it to my professional internship where suits and jackets were required and have worn it out shopping, running errands, dinner, etc.
  • It comes in a variety of different colors. I went with the navy blue because it was "neutral" enough for everyday but it still adds a little something extra to my look
  • There is 1 zippered compartment, and 4 smaller compartments to store your things which is plenty of room for my things.
  • The purse has one top zip which is what made me chose this bag over the Hamilton one because I prefer my things to remain secure.
Cons: 
  • I wish it was an inch or two taller so that I could fit my legal pad/folders in there and be able to close the zipper.
  • I also wish that there was a partition inside the bag so it wasn't just one big compartment. It would make it easier to organize my things but this is not a major issue for me because I like to keep my things in separate small pouches/wristlets anyway.






No comments:

Post a Comment