Sunday, January 13, 2013

Unboxing Tory Burch "Reva" Ballet Flats & Review

If you have ever heard of Tory Burch normally the first thing to come to mind are her iconic ballet flats. I have been eyeing these babies for more than a year but the $200 ($195+tax) always held me back. Well I finally decided to spoil myself when I got a Bloomingdale's coupon in my mailbox and decided to pick them up.
 

I expected the box to be a bit more fancy feeling and less "cardboardy" but I wasn't in it for the box. *DRUMROLL followed by GASPS* 


I decided to get the black with gold hardware because they just looked more impressive than the silver ones. They have these flats in some other colors as well, but I just wanted to go with the black classic ones because they are what I will wear more often and they will match basically everything.


The flats were very soft and comfortable when I tried them on and walked around in my house. I read some reviews that said they were uncomfortable and need to be broken in but they haven't given me any blisters yet. Maybe when I wear them for an extended period of time. I'll keep you guys updated. 

***QUICK UPDATE: I have realized that wearing these shoes for more than 3-4 hours hurts my toes especially if I am doing a lot of walking. So, I would not recommend these flats for an "everyday shoe" but rather for short trips out, or if you will be sitting in class or at work you can get away with them***

They have a slight heel so they are not completely flat like true ballet flats but I like that anyway. They have the scrunched up back which might be uncomfortable if I wore them for an extended period of time but again I shall keep you updated.They fit very true to size. I normally wear a 6.5 and that is the size I ordered and have no complaints. Be careful if you have a wider foot though, I think they might be tight for people with a wider foot. I recommend trying them on in store before purchasing. Bloomingdale's has a good return policy and you can return or exchange withing one year of purchase date.



All in all it's a gorgeous pair of flats which I know I will get a lot of wear out of so that is how I am justifying the price. I ended up paying around $144.50 USD for the shoes. I'd probably still be eyeing them had I not received a coupon for 30% off any purchase + free shipping from Bloomingdales! If you have been eyeing them, I definitely recommend them.











3 comments:

  1. Over a shirt is extremely comfortable and fits you good. The pockets are very convenient and i have already gotten plenty compliments on http://sheepskinjackets.webs.com as well. I appreciate Sheepskin Jackets UK design, cool collar, stylish zippers and nice pockets with zippers which is great for my phone and keys. Leather feels very soft, the stitching is good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found Tory Burch flats really astounding, I wanted to give surprise to my cousin on her 24th birthday so I gifted her Tory Burch flats and she really liked the shoes.

    Tory Burch flats sale

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. glad to hear that! :) They are a cute and comfy flat for any shoe collection

      Delete