Friday, March 30, 2012

MAC lipsticks

So I have been MIA for a while now, and honestly life is just so busy that I don't get the time to do proper blogposts. But I have some down time  now so blogging it is!

I wanted to talk about MAC lipsticks today.
I only own six so I am definitely not an experts on MAC lippies but the shade range is fabulous, and they come in various finishes so there is literally something for everyone. Also, all the lipsticks (all the ones I own anyway) smell like vanilla which is an added bonus for me because that is one of my favorite scents, but it can definitely be annoying for those who do not like products with fragrance in them.

Anyway, these are my lippies:
 From left to right: Shy Shins (lustre), Snob (satin), High Tea (lustre), Coral Reef (frost), Viva Glam Cyndi (lustre), My passion (amplified)**
From left to right: My passion (amplified)**, Viva Glam Cyndi (lustre), Coral Reef (frost), High Tea (lustre), Snob (satin), Shy Shins (lustre)


Lustres are my favorite finishes because they are moisturizing and not that pigmented BUT the color is build-able so you can make it as daring or as reserved as you like. Viva Glam Cyndi is my favorite red because although it is sheer on first application you can build it up to a vibrant red.

High Tea is my favorite nude color because it is literally "your lips but better" It has a nice shine to it so you don't need a nudey gloss but for a simple day out it adds the perfect touch to your lips.

Frost would have to be my least favorite finish because it is a bit too "frosty" for my taste. If you want a lipstick with the highest color payoff I'd recommend amplified finishes because they are the most pigmented and even one layer is very bright!

**Btw I am not sure if this is the real name for this lipstick the bottom has rubbed off a bit and all I can make out is M passion so I'm assuming it means my passion.

Let me know what your favorite MAC lipstick is :)

4 comments:

  1. viva glam cyndi looks amazing :) and if you like i can maybe do a header for you?(as a favour since weve sorta known eachother for a while now right?x)But LOVing your new layout now ! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww that is so sweet of you, and for sure we would LOVE your help! :)

      Delete
  2. I have Viva Glam Cyndi-lustre it's my fav one of them all by far! love the swatches great blog btw ^_^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yah it is def. the best one in our opinion too. And since it is from the viva glam collection we didn't feel as bed shelling out the money for it!! haha

      Delete